This is a good pancake recipe. Not as good as the Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes but if you don’t have buttermilk and oatmeal on hand, these will do just great.
1 1/4 C whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 C milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp sugar/ splenda / honey (whichever you prefer)
1/2 C blueberries
*note – add 1/4 c apple sauce instead of 1/4 cup of milk*
1. Blend together flour and baking powder and set aside
2. Beat together egg, milk, salt, sugar, vanilla, apple sauce (if using). Add flour until moistened.
3. Add blueberries or chocolate chips and stir
4. Pour approximately 1/4 C of batter on pan. Cook until bubbly and flip or cook until golden brown.
* Depending on the pan you might have to lightly spray with cooking spray or a spot of oil since there is no butter or oil in the recipe to keep from sticking.
If you are receiving this through email, please go to Jackman’s Journey to visit the blog