Muffins are delicious! I try to bake healthy muffins, but hadn’t found one that still had some fluff to it like when you bake with white flour. I finally found a recipe I like thanks to Me & My Pink Mixer. I did change up a couple of things. So, here is my version of the muffin.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffin
1 C Apple sauce
2 C Whole wheat flour
1/3 C Unpasteurized honey (you can use any kind of honey, but unpasteurized is better)
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 C fresh blueberries
1 Large egg
1 tsp Vanilla
2 tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325 and line muffin tin with paper liners
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium size bowl. Whisk together.
3. In a small bowl mix egg, butter, vanilla, applesauce, and honey. Add to flour mixture and stir until just mixed.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Scoop into muffin liners with a large ice cream scoop (a 1/4 c or soup ladle will work too!)
6. Bake 25 – 20 min or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1. I wanted to make these muffins last night, but I didn’t have any blueberries, so I substituted two mashed bananas. Before I put them into the oven I sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon on top. I also used margarin instead of butter.
2. Next time I am going to try to make them with olive oil instead of butter. I have tried this before and I think it was too much oil or olive oil is just not good for baking. I will give it one more try. Some baking just needs a little bit of butter.