A couple days before I saw the flour tortilla recipe I saw tortilla bowls. I’ve also eaten cookie bowls. Yum. When I was making my whole wheat flour tortilla’s I decided to try and make mini bowls.
They turned out pretty good. My oven has a mind of its own and decided to bake the ones in the back much more then the ones in the front, but other than that I would say they turned out pretty good.
There are two methods to make the bowls. The first is how I did it.
The First Method
- Get out a muffin tin.
- Put the muffin tin upside down.
- Place dough over the individual upside down muffin cup.
- Once covered, place in oven.
- Let cool before taking off muffin tin. They will come off much easier.
The second method
- Do steps 1 – 2 above.
- Place dough between individual upside down muffin cups.
- Place in oven and bake.
Enjoy your tortillas bowls a variety of ways:
- As Taco shells
- As personal salsa dip holders
- Actually, as any kind of eatable bowl
For the recipe on how to make your own tortillas, visit Facebook Recipe Craze: Homemade Flour Tortillas.