One day at work, one of my co-workers – Bonnie, had a lovely smelling lunch. I asked her what it is and she said shepherd’s pie. Of course I had to ask her how she made it. That afternoon on the way home form worked I stopped and acquired the proper ingredients and went to work.
I decided to Vlog this one! Watch the video for the results. The recipe is also typed out below the video.
Bonnie’s Shepherd’s Pie
- Your choice of spice
- Onions (if you want)
- Can of peas
- Can of cream of corn
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- If using onion, cook slighty, add hamburger and spices and cook in a pan on stove stove top at medium heat.
- Put on potatoes to cook.
- Add can of peas into hamburger and mix together and let stand for a couple minutes on low-med heat.
- Place hamburger and pea mixture into a glass casserole dish or pie plate.
- Pour the cream of corn over top of the hamburger mix.
- When potatoes puncture easily from a fork, drain water and mash. Add egg to the potatoes and mash together. They should become nice a “creamy” like.
- Put the mashed potatoes over the cream of corn and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the oven and cook until bubbly.
- Sprinkle cheese over potato 3 – 5 minutes before you take the casserole out of the oven.
- Let cool slightly and serve. This dish freezes well for lunches.
Enjoy! If you decide to try it out, let me know how it went! Let me know how you make your shepherd’s pie.