Times Jesus found solitude:
- 40 days in the desert (Matt 4:1-11)
- Before he chose the 12 disciples (Luke 6:12)
- Before John the Baptist’s death (Matt 14:13)
- After the feeding of the 5 thousand (Matt 14:23)
- After a long night of work (Mark 1:35)
- Jesus told his disciples to go to a lonely place after a time of preaching and healing (Mark 6:31)
- After the healing of a leper (Luke 5:16)
- with three disciples (Matt. 17:1-9)
- and I am sure there are more
Also on my little retreat I did some much needed praying, reading, walking, admiring God’s creation, sleeping, soaking in the tub, singing, and drinking tea. If you get a chance to go away, even just for the day or even a few hours, then take it and relax and enjoy God.
For more on Spiritual Disciplines a good resource is:
Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard J. Foster
If you are getting this through email visit http://www.jackmansjourney.blogspot.com to visit my actual blog.