I love this healthy snack! It is so delicious! Don’t knock it until you tried it!
Make them on your own.
~ Get a bunch of kale (found at the local grocery store or markets)
~ cut or rip the leafy part of the hard stem
~ wash in a salad spinner (if you don’t have one just run under water and pat (use dish towel, not paper towel) or shake dry
~ in a bowl use 1 – 2 tbsp of olive oil and mix in with the kale
~ add in your favourite seasoning – salt, balsamic vinegar (my fav), soya sauce, spices, herbs, etc.
~ place on a cookie sheet in one layer
~ bake at 350 in the oven for 10 – 15 min. They should come out crispy and not brown. Watch them so they do not brown/burn.
These are best eaten out of the oven or up to 3 – 4 hrs later. They are not that great the next day. Plus, once you start eating them you won’t be able to stop! 🙂
Other ways to incorporate the very green veggie into your healthy eating plan:
– put it in smoothies: Just rip it up and throw it in (don’t use the stem – just the leaf). Try putting it in first so it grinds up well. Can’t even tell it’s in there!
– in stir fry: rip up or cut the leaf off the stem and throw it in (closer to the end of cooking time)
– in the juicer: you do not get that much juice from it, but if you want some green in there it will work
– in salad: put it in salad with other leafy greens
– plain: just pop it in your mouth and chew away
It’s a great veggie and I hope you try it and incorporate it into your eating habits!
How have you used kale?
If you are receiving this through email, please go to Jackman’s Journeyto visit the blog