This peanut butter ball of goodness recipe is thanks to my Sister. She is always finding fun and good recipes. I’m trying to live on the healthier side of things and since I have been on Lent and trying to not have anything with more than 10g of sugar, I decided that these would be all right to eat, since
they are made with honey (a natural sugar). She had BP Power Balls with and without cocoa. I prefer them with the cocoa. They are a nice quick snack and satisfies my sweet tooth.
They are called Power Balls because they have lots of protein in them and you shape them into balls. I guess you could shape them any way you want. I was thinking about putting them in a pan to make little bars out of them. I’ll try that next time. Where does the protein come from? The peanut butter and powdered milk. Yes, there is 9g of protein in 1 cup of powdered milk. My sister looked at the difference between protein powder and powdered milk and she said the powdered milk had just as much protein.
I wondered if there would be a difference in the taste between using protein powder and the powdered milk, but there wasn’t. My sister made them with the protein powder. Enough talk, let’s get on to the easiest recipe ever! If you want a healthy “sweet” snack you should try this out!
Peanut Butter Power Balls
- 1/2 C honey (natural if you can)
- 1/2 C peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 C non-fat milk powder or protein powder
- 1/2 C rice crispies (gives it a little crunch)
- 1/2 C quick oats
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl and mix together – cocoa, milk powder, rice cripsies, quick oats
- Add in honey and peanut butter and mix
- If needed use your CLEAN hands to mix the ingredients together, it gets hard to stir – I had to use my hands.
- Roll mixture into 1″ or desired size balls
- Place in a container and put in fridge.
- Eat as desired.
I say eat as desired and although these are healthier than most “sweet” snacks, remember, it’s all in moderation.
What is your favourite healthy “sweet” snack? Leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!